Recently I found an old mascara in a clutch that I had not carried for at least four months. I decided against my better judgment to wear my mascara because it was one of my favorites and simply didn't know when I would replace it with a new one of the same brand. The result, was a total disaster that left my eyes in a clumpy, and irritated mess.
How long is too long to keep your makeup? How long have you had that lipstick or gloss? I have found information that any makeup maven would find interesting on the lifespan of your makeup.
Moisturizers should be kept 1 -2 years
Time to toss: When there is separation of oil and water, fades color or change of smell.
Powder (Foundation) 6 months - 1 years
Time to toss: When (pressed) powder starts to crumble or is hard to pick up
Powder (Blush) 6 months - 2 years
Time to toss: Crumbling, or change in color or glazing.
Eye Liner/ Lip Pencil 6 months - 1 year
Time to toss: When there is dustiness, change in smell which can cause blisters on the edge of eyelids.
Liquid Eyeliner 6 months - 1 year
Time to toss: Dryness or change of smell.
Lipstick 3 months - 1 year (Longer for moisture formulas)
Time to toss: When melting or rancid smell. Becomes difficult to apply.
Cleanser 1-3 years (Foaming last longer)
Time to toss: Change in smell or cloudiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment